Saturday, July 3, 2010

Week Off

Hurricane Alex gave us a week off from school this week. I have still be studying and taking my online exams to get caught up. I am proud to say that I am now ahead of the class.

Last night I cracked the book to start on General Pharmacology. Finally, we are getting into some stuff that interests me. Yes, yes, I know, it is all equally important. I understand the importance of documentation, communication, EMT safety, baseline vitals, patient assessment, but it doesn't grasp my attention like these other subjects will. I can't wait.

On another note, I'm already scared of the NREMT exam. I had been reading on some forums the other night about people who had failed. Some examples included a person who had failed it three times and paramedics with 15+ years experience failing it. I mostly read that it is just how the questions are phrased. I think the best option is to get a book or two that directly focuses on the NREMT and study that separately when the time comes.

My recent entertainment has been listening to fire/ems scanner broadcasts from around the country, live and online. I find it interesting to hear all of the different calls that come out. I mainly listen to Houston Fire/EMS.

If you're interested you can check it out on www.radioreference.com then click on Live Broadcasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hit counter