Wednesday, December 15, 2010

My First Day

Today was rather mundane. It was just orientation consisting of myself and a new paramedic learning how to fill out their paperwork, watching a powerpoint presentation on safe ambulance driving practices, and a few other equipment tutorials.

I start work tomorrow, Saturday and I will be pulling a 48 hour shift for my first shift.

From what I've gathered, I'll be riding along with another crew and observing mainly for driving reasons.

The company seems to be hard up for drivers at the moment and it sounds like I'll be doing an accelerated field training to get me on a truck with a medic as soon as possible.

I'm a little nervous because I haven't really done anything related to EMS since studying for my NREMT exam in November.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hit counter