Friday, June 18, 2010

Week Three?

I don't even know how far along it has been. I guess it is week three.

I missed out on last week due to one of my wisdom teeth pushing in. I spent the week drugged up on pain killers. (Don't have insurance, can't afford to have it taken out)

I turned in a late assignment only to be greeted with another late assignment, but I am caught up now.

I finally got my book in. We are studying out of Emergency Care and Transportation of the Sick and Injured 9th Edition. I thought I was getting a good deal online when I purchased it for $35.00 ($80 retail). When it got here, it was just the workbook! So we threw another $80 at the actual book and I finally got it in Wednesday.

We've gone over EMT ethics, roles and responsibilities as an EMT, lifting and carrying techniques, anatomy, some focus on the anatomy and physiology of the heart and respiratory system, and just last night, managing airways.

I've got a lot of reading to do. The week I missed was when we were first going to get into the book and I missed out on getting ahead like I wanted to. So this weekend I am going to try and read up on those SEVEN chapters, and get two more chapters ahead.

Veronica and I are going to go medical supply shopping today or tomorrow, whee! I am expected to show up to school in full uniform next week to start doing skills such as lifting, airway management, splinting, etc. So I need to get ahold of some pants, a belt, and hopefully some shiny new black boots.

I'm liking everything so far. I haven't been able to log in to take any tests though due to technical difficulty on my school's end, but that will just give me extra time to study, which I need to. School is starting to look like a daunting task, but the prospect of working as an EMT is still something that I am very excited about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hit counter